Oops Thursday, July 17, 2008

Somewhere in the last week or two I grew up. I got a job. I'm pretty sure my official title is Temp, but I'm cataloging files in a warehouse. The work is pretty mindless now that I've gotten the hang of it, and they don't mind what we where or if I listen to NPR on my phone headset ALL DAMN DAY (8-5). I think Rob is probably getting sick of all of my conversations starting with either, "Ok so at work..." and, "There was this thing on NPR..." Whatever. I have a grown up job. And I'm getting paid more than I was last week, which was $0.

I've also progressively been becoming more and more of a hippie. First it was hangdrying clothes... then saving and reusing plastic bags... then trying to get my body off shampoo? I mean, you know how you get addicted to chapstick? You put it on and it relieves you until it wears off, and your "...lips hurt real bad" (N. Dynamite). And you need chapstick again. So hair has that same cyclic relationship with shampoo. So I'm trying to break the cycle by first switching to natural shampoo, then switching to baking soda and vinegar. It's still washing my hair, but it's without all the chemicals and hopefully my hair will be healthier thanks to it.

This weekend is the second annual uncon, which I'm very excited about, but don't have time to explain, since it's 7:24 and I need to leave for work.

0 comments: