And I saw you, and I knew you saw me too. Thursday, January 17, 2008

I start school on Tuesday. Schwa?

I went to Powell's and returned the crochet stitch book I'd bought; it had a funny binding that I didn't really like, and the layout was really confusing. I exchanged it for The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs, which has patterns for 500 stitches and really clear instructions and diagrams. It was a little more than the other book (and I just discovered it's $10 cheaper on Amazon) but whatever, as long as I'm supporting Powell's I don't care.

Yesterday while Rob was doing his homework and PJ was procrastinating, she decided to get me started on a new TV series I hadn't seen before, Six Feet Under. It's quite fantastic, and now I have 5 seasons to get through. Luckily there's only 14 episodes a season, and PJ only has the first 3 seasons. Whew.

Con planning is finally going smoothly. We had an official date and site (March 14-16 in Corvallis), but enough complaint was made about that being the weekend before finals for schools on the quarter system that we found a site for a weekend in April. So now Spring Con is going to be in Olympia April 11-13. The budget's almost done as far as I know, and once it's approved we can start officially advertising, sending out registrations, etc etc. I'm excited!

Today Ben is driving back through Vancouver; we're going to go bowling again because not only is it cheap night at Hazel Dell Lanes (3 games + shoe rental = $5 each), but Ben wants a rematch because Rob kicked his ass so completely. Tomorrow Rob and I are driving down to Corvallis to pack up all my school stuff and visit my parentals and Micaela and then on Sunday we're moving me back into my apartment at Lewis and Clark. Classes start on Tuesday, barring another day-after-MLK-day snow storm like last year.

0 comments: