The Beanery isn't that great when it's not full of people you know. Saturday, May 17, 2008

When did Corvallis start sucking so hard?

Oh yeah. When the last of my friends left for college and moved away and now when I go to the Beanery on a given Saturday night, I'm surrounded by old people. Woo! I keep thinking to myself "Oh but what about Nicole, she's usually arou... oh wait, she lives in Seattle. How about Tristan he's usually oh wait he lives in Eug. Eva? Probably still at school. The list just keeps going. I guess I usually keep myself entertained by hanging out with Micaela when I'm here, but she doesn't get back from NY until tomorrow. Sigh. Lame boredom. If it weren't for Laura, I'd probably just shrivel up from lack of social stimulation.

Haha, I sound like a whiney teenager. No really, it's not that bad here, and it's not like the city itself isn't still wonderful, I'm just used to having a Rob or a PJ or a Lizzie/y or whatever around. I've basically just been hanging out with family and playing with my new brother. Brother brand sewing machine, that is. I've been altering bunches of t-shirts, and made a tutu yesterday out of some tulle I found on sale at JoAnn's. Whee sewing machine!

Also, in case you weren't aware I kind of graduated a week ago tomorrow.

Sad in the math department during finals.

College graduate-ish with parentals.

Giggles with the nieceling. The yellow sash is a Möbius strip, made by me for 5 of us math majors. The other ribbons are for the Hungarian flag.

The whole family outside Old Spaghetti Factory! This includes parents, step parents, siblings from both sides (including those of the step and in law variety), a couple nieces and a boyfriend.

Lizzie and I toasting our achievements by the flagpole with a warm bottle of cheap champagne.
In other news, I am an adult. I have an apartment, roommates, responsibilities and job interviews. Suck on that! Now I'm going to go home and put on my tutu.

0 comments: