CO like whoa! Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We just spent the last week in Colorado visiting family. First and foremost, visiting my sister and her partner (who I've never met) and their 7 month old son, my nephew Joaquin (who I've also never met). They all live just outside of Denver. In preparation for the trip I made some presents for Joaquin - a sheep made out of socks, and a crocheted blanket that I started intending to be a present for her baby shower last July. I finished it while we were staying there this last week... oops.

Other reasons for visiting were to see my friend Bruce, who was one of my best friends in Budapest, and to see Rob's Aunt Margaret and Uncle Brad who live just outside of Boulder. We got in Wednesday afternoon, hung out with Bruce in Denver on Saturday, and went to Boulder on Sunday.

First, allow me to introduce Joaquin. He likes bananas and when people say his name.

My sister and Joaquin

Saturday morning love

A close up of the sheep and the blanket

Me and Bruce! Holy crap it had been over a year!
Manuel, Alissa and Joaquin all dressed up for church on Sunday

Me, Joaquin and Rob right before Rob and I left for Boulder

While we were in Boulder we went to the Celestial Seasonings factory. We got there too late to go on a tour, but we did get to wander around the gift shop, taste some samples, and get our picture taken with the Sleepytime Bear.



Margaret took us to the airport Tuesday morning and we were back at home by 1:15pm Tuesday afternoon.


Now we're back home for a couple days, then it's up to Port Townsend for the weekend to visit Rob's family. Classes start next Monday for Rob, and I'm taking a printmaking class that starts Tuesday.

0 comments: