CON. Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It came. It happened. It's all over.

Friday afternoon - two masterminds work out the final details of Operation CONgaLine. Note: clear eyes, washed hair, general peppiness.

Honestly, this con could have been a gigantic disaster. One of our staff members couldn't make it due to a family emergency, we had several cancellations the day before and day of con, and then several walk-ons the day of con. But something bigger than us was behind this, it seems, and everything ran smoothly the entire weekend.

Touchgroups were frequent, focused and fantastic for most.

The food Gabe and Avalon made us was delicious, filling and vegan/veg/earth friendly.

Workshops were the best and most productive I've seen in a very long time, if ever. There were discussion groups, massages, drum circles and dance classes, all led by YAs at the con.

Worships were touching, expanding, freeing. Sharing, drumming, dancing -- beautiful.

The t-shirts were great, and well liked.

Honestly, I don't see how it could have been any better. There are other people I would have loved to see there, there are other things I think could have been done differently or better, and I wish I had gotten more time connecting with the community instead of flitting around making sure everything was running smoothly. The criticisms I've heard have all been minor: there could have been more vegan food, there could have been an angel wash, there wasn't enough of one thing, there was too much of another.

But really. It really couldn't have been any better.

Sunday morning: dirty, sleepy, pleased as crap.


After closing worship in the church parking lot, over half the group invaded the local Denny's, procrastinating the final goodbye.



From what I've heard, this was one of the best cons in quite a while. It seems like everyone left feeling replenished and reconnected. I left feeling drained, but so proud of my first attempt at real leadership, that I wouldn't have it any other way. (also I am being hella narcissistic).




Now back to the real world. Less than a month left of school as I know it. And I move to Vancouver in less than a month, too!

0 comments: