The finish line is in sight now. Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tomorrow is the last day of classes. Today was my last voting theory and my last complex.

Jon, Amy and I met when we had calc 2 together the second semester of our freshman year, and saw it all come full circle today, in the last complex class of the semester, one of the last days of our senior years. On the last day of calc 2, Bob Owens showed us the example of Gabriel's horn, a graph with finite area and infinite surface area. Today in complex, Liz Stanhope showed us that Gabriel's horn was unbounded as she explained some basic Topology so that we could better understand the theorem she had conjectured and was working on proving. It really did all come full circle today.

Last night was the last LCUU meeting Liz and I, the freshman/sophomore year roommates, will ever lead. We took our $60 budget the school gave us that we hadn't touched all year and went on a spree at Maggie's, then took the haul back to my room.

Tomorrow night is the official final concert for Section Line Drive. (there will be a couple of other, informal shows before the semester's completely over).

I wish I didn't have to stay this summer - I feel like I've reached the end of this. I wish I was graduating with my peers a week from Sunday, instead of just walking with them. I know I only have a month and a half after that until I'm completely done... I'm just ready to be done now, with everyone else I started with.


All that's left now is the cs labs I have to finish tonight, the extra credit for German, and then finals. And then I'm done. I've started applying for jobs, started thinking about moving up to Vancouver, in with Rob, Rachelle and Taylor. It's all almost over. I'm sad to see it go, but I'm ready.

0 comments: