Because the whole point of playing an acoustic guitar is not to unplug. It's to get raw and draw blood. Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I have never been sadder that I don't live on the east coast.


I have two more shifts at work, and luckily the bad bosses in question will be GONE for both of them! So I get two more shifts of my favorite parts of that job, and then I won't work there any more. This time next week I will be unemployed. And so I have some goals for unemployment!

First, short term goals:

  • -Figure out how filing for unemployment works. See if it's worth it, or if I even qualify for it.
  • -Get details sorted out for being a vendor at the Annual General Meeting of the PNWD. Do I have to pay registration on top of my booth rental? When should I come to set up? What do I need to bring?
  • -Email the facilitator of Uni-Uniques and find out the steps to selling my wares through their site and contacts.
  • -Build my print inventory, find exciting ways to display said prints on a table.
  • -Advertise my tutoring services through PCC and maybe Craig's List again.
Goals for life:
  • -Get up by 10 am every day, and be dressed by noon. (This means wearing underwear and NO PJ PANTS).
  • -Shower at least every other day.
  • -Keep living space clean and organized. When I have a job I use it as an excuse to be fairly messy. I don't do my dishes in a timely manner, I never wash the plastic bags, and I keep my room way too messy. And especially keep work space clean and organized. Right now it's a mess and it's driving me crazy.
  • -Listen to NPR like a mad fiend again.
  • -Keep track of personal and professional finances with an eagle eye (perhaps with the help of Excel?). Pay loan bills on time.
  • -Get out of the house at least once a day, preferably for longer than it takes to check the mail.
  • -Employ use of bicycle. (This goal might take a couple of months to meet, since it's cold as heck out right now).
  • -COOK MORE. Plan meals, use the crock pot like whoa. Turns out crock pot recipes are really not necessary. Just throw a one-pot recipe's ingredients into the crock pot and turn it on. We made turkey chili on Monday and it's absolutely delicious.
  • -Don't drown in coffee.
  • -Don't lose track of what day it is. For serious.

I think I can meet these goals. I'm practicing right now. I got up at 10, I have Talk of the Nation in my ears, and it's 11:36 and I'm about to get dressed. Wish me luck!

0 comments: