Holidays and the year in review Thursday, January 1, 2009

Highlights of Christmas/New Years:

  • Gifts and cards sent to many friends far away
  • An epic journey to Port Townsend
  • A mellow Christmas with Rob's family
  • Winning the Milk soundtrack on Christmas day because I knew that James Franco was in Pineapple Express, just prior to seeing Milk.
  • An odd, late Christmas with my family
  • A couple of days at home in Beaverton with Rob, PJ and Cubby
  • Another, less epic drive to Port Townsend on December 30th
  • A windstorm and power outage viewed from what felt like the top of Port Townsend
  • New friends
  • New Years Eve bonfire and explosives
  • Not much sleep New Years night
  • A very tired morning and ride back to Portland today
2008 feels like it passed really quickly, but I don't think it actually did. I took my last couple terms of college, I graduated. Rob and I rebuilt our relationship from the ridiculousness that was Budapest, we moved in together and moved again. I had a couple jobs, I didn't get fired from any jobs. I made some new friends, I lost touch with some old friends. I made a lot of art, and I had a lot of new experiences. I planned a con.

I think 2009 is going to be good. It's looking good so far. I'm excited.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, the ridiculousness that was budapest indeed. Everything's just a really weird blur in my mind now.

-Voula