Proposition 8 - The Musical Sunday, January 11, 2009

When prop 8 passed in November I was disappointed in our country. Not because there exist, within our country, people who think that homosexuality is wrong, and that marriage between two people of the same sex should be prohibited - because those people will always exist. It's awful that they voted to pass this proposition in California. Everyone else is ANGRY that it passed - Americans from all 50 states, celebrities, even Canadians - and they're angry for good reason. No rights should be restricted based on sexual orientation. But my question, and the basis for my disappointment in the US is this: Where were all these angry people when Constitutional Amendment 36 passed in Oregon in 2004? Where were the celebrities? The only people who seemed to care in 2004 were the liberal Oregonians. Is it because all the celebrities live in California anyways? Is it because it passed by a fairly narrow margin in California and a landslide in Oregon?

But I give up. I'm glad people are mad and speaking out now, and I'm sorry I'm not madder. Whatever. I found this video today regarding prop 8 that made me giggle. It's a month or so old.

0 comments: