I love public radio so much I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant! Friday, January 23, 2009

Everyone knows how much I love NPR. (above figure of speech credited to Tracy Jordan). I got up early this morning to bake bread and the first two shows both centered on issues very near and dear to my heart.

Think Out Loud focused on Oregon unemployment, an issue that has become closer to me in the last week or so. I didn't get to listen as carefully as I would have liked to, since I had to go to Freddie's to buy yeast in the middle of the show. World Have Your Say, a show I rarely listen to because its frantic pace stresses me out, centered on Obama's use of the phrase "non-believers" in his inauguration address, and on the separation of church and state in United States politics. I felt so strongly on the issue that I posted to their blog -- and they read my comment on the air and discussed it! (ps: I'm a nerd)

But for now, my dough is rising in our coat closet (possibly the warmest place in the apartment, since it houses the hot water heater), I'm listening to Talk of the Nation, the kitchen is about to be cleaned (again), and tomorrow is my last day of work. Also, I'm going wine tasting tonight - the theme is 12 wines under $8. Whoa. Life might be a little good.

0 comments: