How I left the ministry Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The last thing I saw before going unconscious
Was your right hand tracing a heart on my thigh
And I thought, "my god, what an infantile gesture,"
And I thought, "my god, what an indescribable high."
--The Extra Glenns

I don't know why the above lyrics always get all stuck up in my head. No one else seems to like that song like I do, even those who really love and appreciate John Darnielle's lyricism.

I'm in somewhat of a funk tonight and I don't know why. I keep navigating to facebook, only to discover that nothing's really changed since the last time I refreshed 5 minutes ago.

I did a lot of 7printciples work Sunday and Monday. I got new designs uploaded on my etsy site, made lots of prints, cut extra cards, made business cards. My next project is to make packets to send to UU congregations I'm somehow attached to, to ask if they would just pass my information and samples along. But that's scary. That's really putting myself out there. We'll see.

0 comments: