Goodbye Portland, you tried to kill me. I don't blame you, I can't blame you. Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mountain Goats show #1 was epic.

They opened with Michael Myers Resplendent, played about an hour long set, came back for an encore, came back for a second encore, and finally ended with Palmcorder Yajna, which I think they have to play every time they're in Portland... I mean, it's the quintessential song off We Shall All Be Healed, which is all about Portland.

I should mention that the title here has nothing to do with my feelings towards Portland, it was a song that got debuted about Portland...

They were super pumped and high energy. And they told us they loved us. Several times. To quote John, "I want to make sweet love to every one of you. Even the straight ones."

Concert tomorrow night should be just as epic, if not more, since the adventure there and back will be part of the package.

0 comments: