Just because I'm 22 doesn't mean I have to act it. Tuesday, February 19, 2008

THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY JESSIE TAKING A BREAK DURING HER COMPLEX TAKE HOME MIDTERM.


Rob is the best adventure buddy/playmate a girl could ever ask for. After such a stressful week of too much homework, not enough sleep and PMS, this last weekend was absolutely amazing. Friday night Rob and I built a fort in his room with dining room chairs, closet poles and quilts.


On Saturday morning we made breakfast (yogurt banana splits) then went downtown for Saturday market. Turns out Saturday market is closed for a couple of the winter months, so we went to Chipotle for lunch instead.

After Chipotle we drove over to Music Millennium for KIMYA. She was wonderful and sweet and gave me a hug at the end of the performance, and also sang a song called "Alpha-butt" that starts "A is for apple, B is for butt".



Kimya singing "Underground"

After Kimya we went home for a while, made dinner, watched some Arrested Development, then Rachelle picked us up and we went back down to Portland for THE WANDERLUST CIRCUS, which was amazing, wonderful and lots of fun. We ran into fellow PNWDer, Lyle, which was also cool.

Kazum

Dave Clay

Vanessa Vortex

The Crow

Brittany Walsh, doing the most intense thing I saw all night

Nanda, a performance group from Port Townsend (so Rob knows them all)

After the Circus Rob and I came back to Vancouver, got in our fort and watched the South Park movie.


This week has been good, just busy. I made banana bread last night, and then fed on it all day today. School-wise, complex is the most rewarding class I've taken in ages, Voting Theory is up there with Graph Theory for being a course that could be cool and interesting, but is taught in such a way that it's just confusing and boring, and German Lit is a downright awful class and I'm kind of miserable in it. Oh, and CS 1 is fun, easy and entertaining.

Mountain Goats concert is on MONDAY!!! (and WEDNESDAY TOO!). Section Line Drive is performing at Once Upon A Weekend this Saturday night, so that should be sweet too.

Now... BACK TO MY MIDTERM. I have 3 problems completely written up, 1 basically figured out, 1 about half done, and 2 that I... have yet to look at. It's due tomorrow at 5, so I'm pretty sure I'm in good shape. I hope.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics of the circus show. Brittany's acrobatic archery is totally cool, for sure. I think that Nanda was the high point of the performance for me, though. They're very entertaining.